[clug] Enterprise Linux use

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Tue Oct 12 08:05:24 MDT 2010

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, David Cottrill wrote:

> Once again, I consider all my initial points pretty hollow.
> After discussing this with other AIX people, their principle belief is that
> all managers want a single entity to sue if something doesn't work. A
> business case Linux has trouble answering.

Actually I'd disagree that it has trouble answering this [1].  A suit is
against the organisation that provides the goods or services regardless of
the goods or services that they use.  IANAL and all that.

[1] Aside from the question about whether this ever happens, which others
have already raised.

Cheers,

Rob

--