[clug] Enterprise Linux use

A Gupta email.agupta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 18:58:06 MDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 7:49 PM, David Austin <david at d-austin.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 4:51 PM, David Lloyd <lloy0076 at adam.com.au> wrote:
>

>> Let's turn this upside down:
>>
>> What insurance company would provide insurance for the Government on an
>> enterprise roll out of something that might replace Exchange?

Normally the requirement for such professional services engagement is
10-20 million PI/PL insurance.

Any service provider/contractor will be providing PI/PL insurance for
replacing Exchange.

> Call me a cynical old bastard, but I wouldn't provide insurance for the
> Government on
> any IT issue (at prices less than the sum insured).

These service providers get PI/PL insurance from insurance companies.
The insurance costs are normally 1-5% of the sum insured or revenue
from the professional service activity in this case. If insurance
company start charging premium equivalent to the sum insured then they
will go out of business.

Cheers, Anshul