[clug] Enterprise Linux use

David Cottrill cottrill.david at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 23:18:21 MDT 2010

Thanks for all the answers, but I'm after something I can feed to insular
public servants.
Once again, I consider all my initial points pretty hollow.
After discussing this with other AIX people, their principle belief is that
all managers want a single entity to sue if something doesn't work. A
business case Linux has trouble answering.
As for IBM, I can honestly say my work on their enterprise systems.has left
me dumbfounded at the cost / benefit ratio. AIX is Unix for dummies and the
ODM is an excellent case for staying with the text file configuration in
Linux.