[clug] Enterprise Linux use

Carlo Hamalainen carlo.hamalainen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 23:46:24 MDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:18 PM, David Cottrill
<cottrill.david at gmail.com> wrote:
> After discussing this with other AIX people, their principle belief is that
> all managers want a single entity to sue if something doesn't work. A
> business case Linux has trouble answering.

Can anyone on the list point to a situation where a government
department or large business has actually sued a software vendor for
supplying a product that is not up to scratch? I feel that it's an
option that people like to keep open but never actually use, although
I might be out of touch with the enterprise software world.

--
Carlo Hamalainen
http://carlo-hamalainen.net