[clug] MSY @ Fyshwick. Any feedback?

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 23:13:39 MST 2010

On 28 November 2010 16:59, Francis Whittle <fj.whittle at gmail.com> wrote:

> 50, |`|0\^/ j00 r r3d33 f0r +3h 1337z?*

I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for 1337.  Call me old-fashioned if you
must, but I'm rather fond of English prose :P

> (I mean, when you're brain's gone already.  Once it's actually
> disintegrated we'll move on to the full ASCII terrorism).

I have received so many diagrams in ASCII art that I've become immune to
ASCII atrocities. Note that this is a simple declaration, not an invitation
to try me on it :P

> * Translation: I say, does this mean you are mentally incapacitated
> sufficiently to tackle reading the heathen glyphs known as "leet"?

lol @ 'heathen glyphs'. I actually find 1337 really interesting from an
academic point of view. I'll write an essay about it one day.

Cheers! Lana

'I know what you're thinking, punk,' hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor,
'you're thinking, "Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?" -
and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as
this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle
nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one
question: "Do I feel loquacious?" - well do you, punk?'

 -- Stuart Vasepuru
(Runner-up in the annual 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest)