[clug] Linux downloads

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Thu Nov 18 17:06:30 MST 2010

Stephen Walsh <steve at nerdvana.org.au> writes:

Actually, the most common cause of 'Hash sum mismatch' with apt is that you
have a (broken) proxy between your client and your server.  It /could/ be that
the mirror is updating the wrong way around, but it usually turns out to be a
stupid proxy.

The 'Bad header line' is a pretty serious problem, though: something is
returning broken HTTP responses.  Again, this could be the web server on the
mirror, but is more likely to be a broken proxy.

Keith: does your ISP operate a transparent proxy for HTTP content?  I suspect
it does, and is the root cause of your problems here.

        Daniel