[clug] Linux downloads

Keith keiths at apex.net.au
Wed Nov 17 16:35:59 MST 2010

	Would anyone in CLUG be familiar with the periodic downloading of bug and
security files?  I have been doing it now for some time (to Kubuntu 10.4)
without problems but my recent attempts have been aborted with :

Failed to fetch
http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/c/coreutils/coreutils_7.4-2ubuntu3_i386.deb
Hash Sum mismatch
Failed to fetch http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/t/tzdata/tzdata-
java_2010o-0ubuntu0.10.04_all.deb Bad header line
Failed to fetch
http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/t/tzdata/tzdata_2010o-0ubuntu0.10.04_all.deb
Bad header line
Failed to fetch
http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/p/plymouth/plymouth-
label_0.8.2-2ubuntu2.1_i386.deb Bad header line
Failed to fetch
http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/u/udev/udev_151-12.2_i386.deb
Bad header line
Failed to fetch
http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/u/udev/libudev0_151-12.2_i386.deb
Got a single header line over 360 chars
Failed to fetch
http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/p/plymouth/plymouth-
x11_0.8.2-2ubuntu2.1_i386.deb Got a single header line over 360 chars
Failed to fetch
http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/p/plymouth/plymouth_0.8.2-2ubuntu2.1_i386.deb
Bad header line

	I have been advised to try in Konsole : sudo apt-get update.  I have done
(three times now) and received a screenful of response lines (which I have
saved if anyone would like to read them) but still when I then  try for a
download I get this termination.

	Those messages suggest to me that the problem is at the sending end - do
they to anyone else?  And is there any more that I can do?

Keith Sayers                                        keiths at apex.net.au
6 Clambe Place,
CHARNWOOD, ACT 2615
Australia                              http://www.apex.net.au/~keiths