[clug] The harsh realities of CLUG

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Thu May 27 00:36:17 MDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 04:29:44PM +1000, Jim Croft wrote:
> a bit curious rather than confused...
>
> Rather than a 'new world order', I thought we had demonstrated that it
> was possible to move all the existing CLUG website functionality, such
> as it is, into a wiki where it can be maintained by the membership.
> Including  a link to more or less workable calendar solution.
>
> But what now?  Is there a decision making process?   Does some Captain
> Picard eventually say, 'make it so!'?  Who makes it 'so'?  Where to
> they make it 'so'?  Can we have it 'so' soon?
>
> Whatever is to happen, it would make sense to have it happen on the
> clug.org.au domain... wouldn't it?

I suspect Tonyb and SteveW can make it happen on the LPAR as planned as soon
as they get the time, then all the magic wikiness and other stuff can go
onto that machine.

	See You
	    Steve

... I personally see little point in moving the mailing list so long as
samba.org can keepo hosting it and Tpot does not mind adminning it there.

> jim
>
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Paul <mylists at wilsononline.id.au> wrote:
> > I'm just a bit confused over the new-world-order?
> > what features and when will they be likely available?
> > ie are they still in development or still under discussion etc..?
> >
> > Are these going to be moved to a new domain or are they going to be hosted
> > in-place.
> > ie are they going to published in the clug.org.au domain ?
> >
> > Paul
> >

> > --
> >

> --

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
i ran away with the circus, 'cause there's still some honest work left,
for bearded ladies, but it's not the same goin' town to town,
since they put everyone in jail 'cept, the cleavers and the bradys
   Tis Of Thee - Up Up Up Up Up Up - Ani