[clug] Ubuntu 10.04 windows close for no apparent reason

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Fri May 14 18:41:34 MDT 2010

Hi All,

The previous email threads indicated that ubuntu 10.04 seemed OK except
for a few issues that appeared to be solved. Hence I upgraded my eepc
10HD to ubuntu 10.04. It seemed successful however, there appears to be
one thing that is annoying.

Sometimes when I do a mouse click the interface that I am using closes
for no apparent reason.  For example, evolution closed when I deleted an
email. This has happened twice on different sessions and different
emails.

Similarly Open Office 3.2 presentation closes every time I reach a
certain custom animation in a slide show. I think that the culprit may
be vertical text that I have rotated 180 degrees and try to get it to
appear by animation.

I will experiment with my presentation to see if I can nail down the
scenario that causes the window to close.

Meanwhile, has anyone else seen windows closing unexpectedly in ubuntu
10.04? It would be nice to know if it is my setup or something within
10.04.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John