[clug] Local Mail Howto

Keith Goggin keith.goggin at bigpond.com
Thu May 6 08:15:27 MDT 2010

Hi Amitay,

Thanks for your help.

I have now set the SMTP Server address to 10.0.0.1 being the address of
my mail server and the only general purpose machine on my network at the
moment. I'm unsure how to check that 10.0.0.1 can accept mail from
192.168.1.115?

So I have tried setting the following port forwarding on my router:-

*Advanced Settings > NAT > Port Forwarding

*
Mail (SMTP) 	25 	25 	TCP 	25 	25 	10.0.0.1

The fields are, server name, external start & end ports, protocol,
internal start & end ports, server ip address.

But unfortunately I'm still getting the 'Send e-mail error' on the camera.