[clug] Ubuntu Lynx (10.04) and window button positions

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon May 3 16:21:08 MDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 08:14, Jim Croft <jim.croft at gmail.com> wrote:
> not here... on two different laptops I have lost the Network Manager
> applet from the panel.

Was this an upgrade or new install?  I ask as a few things have
changed in this release regarding notifications and panel things. By
this I mean that your old panel config may be messing with things. :(

Perhaps try making a new user and then see if the network manager
plays ball?  If so just dumping all your old panel config might work.
With a major upgrade I have always started afresh instead of
upgrading.  It's also a good time to test your backup/rebuild
strategy.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)