[clug] Stallman visit

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Wed Mar 17 17:40:27 MDT 2010

Alex Satrapa wrote:
> On 18/03/2010, at 10:23 , Steve Walsh wrote:
>

>> you mentioned the F word. To Re-iterate. Never mention the F word in RMS's presence.
>>

> I'm confused now, isn't  it the "Open" word that we're not supposed to mention?

F/LOSS is pulling the Open Source into the Free Software world, which
RMS has strong philosophical views about. His diatribe at
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html gives
you an idea on the matter.

Talk about Free Software or GNU all you like, but don't bundle OSS with
Free Software in teh same sentence.

--
--==--
Steve Walsh, RHCE