[clug] Mouse problem in Xorg (maybe?)

Rob Bolin rob at unigon.tv
Wed Mar 3 16:59:26 MST 2010

Morning all,

I’m looking for a clue to solving a problem I have on two of my kids
computers recently. Both computers were recently reinstalled with Debian
testing (using the current xorg and xfce4). The problem is that the mouse
on both computers is out of sync with the GUI i.e. when the cursor is
sitting on the left side of the screen, the computer thinks it’s in the
middle of the screen. I apologise if that isn’t terribly clear but I’m at
a loss to try to explain it better, and as a consequence, what little
Google-foo I possess has deserted me as well.

I think there is a problem with, for want of a better term, the mouse
location registration in Xorg, but I can’t work out (or find clues to)
what I need to change where - my reading of Xorg documentation has not
been illuminating...

Any clues or solutions gratefully appreciated – my reputation is taking a
battering with children unable to Facebook, Youtube etc

Thanks

Rob