[clug] Terminal Control Sequences

moncojhr moncojhr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 11:53:22 MDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking into what exactly is available/what i can do with
control sequences within gnome-terminal.

Now I have practically no idea about "terminals" or the control sequences
themselves and everywhere i've looked seem to just have crazy stuff that
either, I'm typing incorrectly or do not work within gnome-terminal.

One of the things id like to know is if I can change the window title with
control sequences, and if I can, can i enter that sequence in a text file
and cat out the text file and have my window title change.

If you could give me any tips or where I should be looking for this
information it would be great.

Cheers!