[clug] NetworkManager issue?

Peter Lavender plaven at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 25 02:38:39 MST 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 22:33 +1100, Peter Barker wrote:

> Frankly, I'd tend to suggest NetworkManager is your problem.... it usually
> is.

I have an 802.11n card in my mythbuntu box, and I have a mile of
problems with NetworkManager  and maintaining a consistent link to the
access point.

Would switching to WICD make a difference here or is it just one of
those things that 802.11N speeds on linux is a dream?  ( I also have
problems with an intel nic in my Dell laptop working but I think that's
more to do with the driver/module support given all the complaints I've
found on the net when searching for a solution to that issue ).

I'm running WPA2 as well as it's the only way to get the fast connection
speed.

Pete.