[clug] ADSL modem recommendations

Angus Gratton indogus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 20:21:49 MST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Alastair D'Silva
<alastair at newmillennium.net.au> wrote:
> Currently I'm looking at getting a DLink RT-N16 which can run OpenWRT, and

Asus RT-N16, right?

They look really nice, although I noticed the OpenWRT Wiki still says
"work in progress" (it can boot DD-WRT though, apparently.)

I have an Asus WL-500G with an Atheros wireless card and OpenWRT, used
as a fileserver/download box/dogsbody for a couple of years now. It's
really good even with just 32Mb of RAM, with one exception: the USB
I/O performance sucks. If you get the RT-N16, could you let me know
what the USB performance is like?

Cheers,

- Angus