[clug] Wireless N adapter recommendations?

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Thu Jan 21 20:04:15 MST 2010

Chris Smart wrote:
> 2010/1/22 Ian Bardsley <ifb777 at tpg.com.au>:
>
>> Oh Bugger!
>>
>> Sorry mate, I should have written DWA 140 USB Dongle.  Those little jiggers
>> are wireless N.  The 110 is a/b/g only
>>

> Ahh, cool. So the DWA-140 works. Do you mind telling me which revision
> you have? Don't want to get a revision "C" to find it's completely
> different.
>
> I also found this website, which might be helpful to people:
> "http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_hostif.php?hostif=USB"
>
> It lists the only D-Link Wireless N that doesn't work as the "DWA-142"
> which is helpful.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -c

Hi Chris

No probs....  Just had a look and all 3 show Hardware version B1.  Just
for your info, the first release of Karmic was shipped with an
incomplete Blacklist file which caused some problems with wifi
connection, (something to do with 2 driver modules being loaded I
think).  This has now been fixed but it would be wise if the the machine
the dongle is plugged into is running Karmic, to make sure all updates
have been installed.

Good hunting

Ian B