[clug] Wireless N adapter recommendations?

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Thu Jan 21 19:11:16 MST 2010

Chris Smart wrote:
> A friend has a USB Wireless N adapter which transfers data from his....
>

> snip
>

> So, can anyone recommend any Wireless N adapters, either USB or PCI
> Express that actually work on Linux?
>
> -c

Hi Chris.....

I have 3 x DLINK DWA 110 USB wifi dongles working just fine on my home
network. Ubuntu Karmic using WICD as the network manager. Has worked
ootb since Jaunty. The only problem I have experienced to date is that
with Ubuntu Karmics quicker boot time, there is a delay of around 15
seconds between boot completing and WICD connecting to the network. This
is particularly noticable with my Myth box which runs Mythbuntu Karmic.

HIH

Regards

Ian Bardsley