[clug] TV Tuner tests

Alex (Maxious) Sadleir maxious at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 23:53:37 MST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Richard Lemon <richard at codelemon.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was looking for a cheap USB DVB-T tuner available for pick-up in Canberra
> and ended up testing all of the cheap ones available at Jaycar. The short of
> it is that none of the cheaper ones work with Linux currently

I have a "WandTV" cheap $30 deal [1]. Some of them are AF9015/AF9035
chipset but mine was an EC168 chipset which is supported by an out of
tree driver (hopefully not for long, it's probably in mainline by
now).

Works once you've waited the 18 months for the driver to be written
and if you were lucky to get the right revision. I haven't got MythTV
to work with it but that's more of a user error issue I'm sure.

1: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WandTV-DVB-T-USB-HDTV-RECEIVER-FOR-PC-LAPTOP-DIGITAL-TV_W0QQitemZ280443896336QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Laptop_Accessories?hash=item414bc24210#ht_4836wt_941