[clug] Wanted: Developer to securely implement a restricted SSH shell (linux Digest, Vol 85, Issue 5, Message 10)

Miles Goodhew mgoodhew at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 20:20:44 MST 2010

Hi Nathan,

> Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 17:07:19 +1100
> From: Nathan O'Sullivan <nathan at mammoth.com.au>
> To: CLUG List <linux at lists.samba.org>
>
> If you or your company do this kind of work, please mail me off-list. I
> am happy to discuss someone working on this after hours and would love
> to put a bit of cash into the pockets of a list member.
>
> Or if you can recommend someone that would be excellent too.
>

> I've posted the requirements off list, but to summarise: I need a way to
> let customers access their Xen domU console ("xm console $DOMAIN") over
> SSH, while doing our utmost to prevent the customer from doing anything
> else on the dom0.
>
> Further description and a naive implementation is available at
> http://www.mammothmedia.com.au/~nats/restricted-shell-job.txt

  Just wondering if you achieved "Satisfaction" with your request, or
if you DIY'd or got someone to do the work.
  If not, I'm available, have a (distant) background in Unix system
security and am familiar with virtual  machine concepts.
  I've only ever used Xen as a virtual-host client, but it's always
attracted me as a server-level hypervisor and it wouldn't be hard to
get filled-in on the details.
  So if you still need someone and you think I might fit the bill,
please email me or call me on (0414) 893 105.

Thanks,

M0les.

--
Miles Goodhew,