[clug] Printer supplies - advice sought

Felix Karpfen felix at spodzone.org.uk
Fri Jan 8 00:52:42 MST 2010

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 15:53:08 +1100, Rodney Peters wrote:

>> The horizontal feed in the standard, particularly for larger commercial
>> models

Very true.  That has been a feature of Xerox photocopiers since the word
"go".  But it may be a different story for "home printers - as you
suggested in your comments.

> If the rubber pick-uprollers age, then they lose the ability to grab
> the paper.
>
> Smoother (yet uncoated) paper may help or hinder, but does the print
> quality (inkjet) and drum life (laser) a lot of good.
>
> Reflex Platinium
> Noper
> 4CC
>
> The last 2 from from Officeworks.

No entries (on the current Officeworks webpage) for
Noper
4CC

There is an entry for Reflex Platinum - which reads

* Reflex Platinum Ultra White is heavier, thicker Reflex with  enhanced
whiteness and smoothness.
* The paper of choice for homes and businesses dedicated to creating the
best

I realise that its presence on the web page is no guarantee that it will
be on the shelf.

Thank you for the advice; it was just what I needed to help me with the
maze of choices.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen