[clug] Papers for inkjet printers

Felix Karpfen felix at spodzone.org.uk
Thu Jan 7 22:58:06 MST 2010

The many helpful comments in reply to my previous query inspired me to
search the Internet-world for suppliers of better-quality papers for
Inkjet Printers.

And I ended up at Officeworks, Fyshwick.

They offer a great many papers from 9 different suppliers - enough choice
to totally befuddle me.

However, the following supplied information is worth flagging for comment:

1.
The normal paper weight of copying paper is 80 gsm (gram per square
meter?). However papers up to 200 gsm are available.  Is there any merit
in using heavier papers?

2.
The meaning of "a ream of paper" appears to be related to the paper
weight rather than the number of sheets!

and
3.

HP is one of the listed Officeworks suppliers.  One of the grades offered
by HP mentions the following features:

Hewlett Packard (HP) Everyday Copy Paper A4 80gsm Rm/500
OWZZQ2400A

    * High Performance, Mutlifunction Paper for Laser and Inkjet
Printers, Copiers and Fax Machines.
    * Quality Tested to **Resist Jams** in Printers and Copiers.
    * 500 Sheets - 80gsm.

$5.29

For those who are interested/curious, the full story can be found at:

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Office-Supplies/Paper-
Labels-and-Envelopes/Copy-Paper/White-A4-Copy-Paper

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)