[clug] Printer supplies - advice sought

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Jan 6 22:28:18 MST 2010

On 07/01/2010, at 16:21 , Lana Brindley wrote:

> Or feed the papers through one at a time, and just replace the cheap
> printer every year or so when it dies.

You'll have to forgive my naivete =(

I grew up in the 20th century, where the *machines* did the work for *us*.

But seriously, if you're only using the printer a couple of times a year it's got to be cheaper to get the printing done by someone else?  Replacing dried up ink, or even just chasing down a copy of the operating system which has drivers for the printer *which actually work*… my experience with cheap printers over the last dozen years has left me cynical and jaded.

Alex