[clug] IceTV

Jeff Stiff smee.heee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 00:23:54 MST 2010

2010/1/5 Craig Small <csmall at enc.com.au>

> You only get a day, maybe two, out of them.  IceTV does a week. If you
> want to know what is on tellie right now, or soon, then the on-air EPG
> is fine.  I also use the IceTV series recording thing which is avery
> nice feature.

The on-air guide data does seem to be fairly good, at least here in
Canberra. The big problem I have with it, is it changes episode titles, if
even bothering to list them, so the MythTV (and other PVR's I assume)
ability to record only new shows of a series gets messged up.

But as mentioned earlier, since IceTV takes up to 2 weeks to get stable data
for a new channel, I have been using the on-air EPG for the new channels
until IceTV fills the blanks, then I turn off the on-air and just use IceTV.

One other issue with the on-air, I seem to recall Channel 10, not sure if
Canberra or QLD, that only listed the movies as "Friday Night Movie" etc.
Not very helpful.

Cheers,
Jeff.