[clug] Submerged PC (White Oil) & TV Capture Cards

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 21:24:17 MST 2010

2010/1/5 Jeff Stiff <smee.heee at gmail.com>:
> G'Day List,
>
> I am looking at trying my MythTV server submerged in White Oil, and have a
> question that hopefully someone on the list may know the answer to.
>
> I know most of the PC components should be fine submerged, the hard disks
> will remain out of the oil, BUT what about the TV Capture Cards?  I assume
> that since there are no moving parts these should be fine, but it would be a
> bit of an expensive test if I kill the cards.
>
> All the other hardware is just about dead anyway, so I have nothing to lose
> if it all goes wrong, expect for the capture cards.
>
> Any advice appreciated.
> Cheers,
> Jeff.

Apologies for the n00bness ... but what benefit does submerging give?

Cheers! Lana

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is
generally the by-product of other activities.
  - Aldous Huxley

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more information.