[clug] Submerged PC (White Oil) & TV Capture Cards

Jeff Stiff smee.heee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 21:21:11 MST 2010

G'Day List,

I am looking at trying my MythTV server submerged in White Oil, and have a
question that hopefully someone on the list may know the answer to.

I know most of the PC components should be fine submerged, the hard disks
will remain out of the oil, BUT what about the TV Capture Cards?  I assume
that since there are no moving parts these should be fine, but it would be a
bit of an expensive test if I kill the cards.

All the other hardware is just about dead anyway, so I have nothing to lose
if it all goes wrong, expect for the capture cards.

Any advice appreciated.
Cheers,
Jeff.