[clug] OT: very short term wifi broadband?

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Sun Feb 28 04:02:56 MST 2010

Hi Carlo

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) on all 4 of my computers one of which has
an AMD 64bit processor.  FWIW,  I did try the Telstra device on 2
machines with the same results.

A further bit of information on the Vodafone option.  I discovered this
evening when I tried to upload a file to my mobile phone that the
process of installing the Vodafone software broke my bluetooth setup.
Uninstalling Bluez and associated packages and re-installing fixed the
problem without impact to the Mobile Broadband.  It seems that bluetooth
also makes use of usb-modeswitch, something that I didn't know.  Ya
Lives and Learns.

Have fun

Ian Bardsley