[clug] Connecting a printer to Suse 11.1

keith sayers keiths at apex.net.au
Sun Feb 21 01:59:19 MST 2010

	I have recently got Suse 11.1 up and running on new hardware - with more than a little
help from my friends - but have been unable to get it to work with my Fujitsu DL1150
printer.  Advice received was that I should browse to http://localhost:631 and follow
instructions therein.  I did so but what I got was a screenful of html code - apparently
what I found there was being displayed rather than rendered.  However I did a copy paste
of that code and saved it in my temp directory with a .htm suffix and then opened it
successfully from there - i.e. it did display as graphics, the html code having been duly
converted.  But that was no use of itself because it was missing a large number of links
which had presumably been left behind in 'localhost'. Seems to me the solution would be
to go back there, add a .htm suffix to whatever I find and then run it from there - but
could anyone tell me where to find 'there' please?