[clug] Gmail - web interface or linux client?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 00:32:24 MST 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 17:24, Grant Morphett <grant at gmorph.com> wrote:
> Just wondering what all the gmail users out there use as far as their email
> interface goes.

Web on Firefox all the way.  (from multiple machines and OS's)

You can drive it "vi-style", I hardly use the mouse at all.

> Do people prefer just loading their favourite browser and
> interacting with gmail that way or have people gone for clients such as
> Evolution etc?  Pros and Cons of each option?

I then also IMAP everything to thunderbird on a few machines as a
backup.  Although having just read a CLUG'ers blog I like the look of
mpop (http://carlo-hamalainen.net/blog/?p=314).

I also use the java app on my Nokia E71 and sometimes the nokia mail
app for viewing attached PDF's.

The major pain of using a "real client" is that you can't do things
the "gmail way" of just archiving everything and searching later. This
I am completely addicted to.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)