[clug] Internode dumps FOSS for MS Exchange

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Thu Feb 18 15:52:55 MST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 6:18 AM, Karun Dambiec <kdambiec at ieee.org> wrote:

> Where I am at the moment has the same situation. Where I am at the moment,
> most people used OpenOffice untill we got Microsoft Office 2007, and then
> everyone started using Microsoft Office in IT.

That's depressing.. although perhaps I shouldn't care at all, right?
Because they should be using the best tool for the job, and if that's
Microsoft Office, then so what?

Gah, that hurts to say.

Anyway, the reason I'm asking all these questions is to discover what
*I* should be doing.. I'm getting burnt out trying to push for free
software (at work for example) and so I'm wondering whether I should
even be bothering at all. I'm at the point where I'm trying to
reconcile these two important issues and if not I fear I'll just throw
it all away.

-c