[clug] Internode dumps FOSS for MS Exchange

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Feb 18 04:45:58 MST 2010

On 18/02/2010, at 22:06 , Paul Wayper wrote:

> Of course, what we'd like to see is them just short-cut that whole process and
> get to the bit where they fund nouveau developers _now_

Umm…

Folks write nVidia drivers for free.  Why would nVidia pay them?

What I expect will happen is they'll churn out the next round of cards with worse and worse drivers, and leave it up to Linux folks to fend for themselves.

After all, you do it for a hobby, and it costs them money to write drivers for a platform that nobody* actually uses for games.

Alex

*for reasonable values of "nobody"