[clug] Internode dumps FOSS for MS Exchange

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Wed Feb 17 21:17:37 MST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:45 PM, jm <jeffm at ghostgun.com> wrote:

> Then iPods/iPhone/iWhatever were not the best tool for the jobs, just the
> cool tool for the job. When selecting the "best tool for the job" it is
> necessary to define what the best tool is (what it will do) and how will it
> will do it (metrics). This will allow you to generate a short list of

Yes, you're right. I think that we all choose the best tool for the
job, it's just that our criteria for such is different.

So if my criteria for a music player that I want the coolest, easiest
to use, then maybe the choice is the iPod.
If my criteria for a music player is that I want to be able to use any
platform and free lossless audio file formats, then iPod doesn't suit.

For me, the best tool for the job is often one that results in
long-term freedom. I can see how, if that's not your focus, one might
be happy to use Microsoft Office, or Exchange, or iPods, or anything
else.

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this conversation, it's really
helped me sort out a few things in my mind.

-c