[clug] Internode dumps FOSS for MS Exchange

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:02:11 MST 2010

On 17 February 2010 06:52, Robert Brockway <robert at timetraveller.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Lana Brindley wrote:
>
>  Which is just a corporate-speak version of saying "Costly proprietary bits
>> need more costly proprietary bits", no?
>>

> Use of corporate-speak was unintentional ;)

Isn't it amazing how insidious it is? ;)

> But yes I agree.  In effect this is vendor lock-in where the vendors are
> cooperating to facilitate the lock-in.

Which makes me think of Mako's keynote at lca about "Anti-features":
http://wiki.mako.cc/Antifeatures

Cheers! Lana

Good-bye. I am leaving because I am bored.
 - George Saunders

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.