[clug] Why the web has gone sour

Neill Cox neill.cox at ingenious.com.au
Sun Feb 14 15:43:24 MST 2010

He basically seems to be saying (odd comments about free information aside)
that we should be nice to each other, distrust collective wisdom and watch
out for mobs.  Fair enough, but perhaps the reporter didn't find that
exciting enough and tried to spin it a bit.

I generally manage to avoid getting into "bizarre pissing matches", and I've
always been a bit sceptical about the "wisdom of crowds", although I will
admit that Wikipedia does seem to have evolved into something useful (I
still approach it fairly sceptically though).

Cheers,
Neill