[clug] request for comment: new keysigning protocol

Nemo Maelstrom Thorx nemo at nemo.house.cx
Sun Feb 7 16:56:41 MST 2010

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 07:46:13AM +1100, steve jenkin did utter:

> A physical protocol for keysigning events - seems like a very good idea
> :-) good post.
>
> How would you do this differently if done electronically - ie. mediated
> by laptop, Smartphone or PDA (do they still exist?).

PDAs got subsumed by smartphones I think... and netbooks. :)

> I would go cross-eyed reading a bazillion 'fingerprints' :-(

I think there would be alot of visual shortcutting through simple
pattern comparisons. And since 0-9A-F has little in the way of obvious
O/0 mixups to occur, it shoulnd't be too hard. _especially_ if all are
printed in the same font/size. :) An argument might be able to be put
forward to providing ones key on semi-transparent paper for such needs
in fact. Only if the font sizes were guaranteed to be identical though

> Are people already doing this sort of thing at 'events'?

Yup, plenty of information at http://keysigning.org/

.../Nemo