[clug] [OT] quest for keyboards

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Tue Feb 2 16:40:39 MST 2010

On 03/02/2010, at 09:38 , Brendan Jurd wrote:

> Yeah I use laptop style keyboards as well.  I like the short key
> travel distance and the clicky tactile response

My favourite keyboard at this point in time is the "short" version of the Apple keyboard, which doesn't have the cursor keys or the numeric keypad:

http://store.apple.com/au/product/MB869LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1Mg&mco=MTA4Mzc5NDY

More room for my mouse (or a tablet, or Nostromo SpeedPad, or a cup of tea).

Alex

PS: paint your numeric keypad and cursor keys with talcum dust. See how long it takes before you actually use those keys (ie: brush the dust off). Most people will be surprised at how little you actually use those keys.