[clug] [OT] quest for keyboards

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Feb 1 16:07:19 MST 2010

On 02/02/2010, at 08:59 , Andreas Bauer wrote:

> So, what keyboards can you recommend for someone who types *a lot*,
> where did you buy yours?

I used to be a big fan of the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, but now I find the Apple Keyboard is my favourite. No it's not ergonomic, no it doesn't have the fancy leatherette wrist rest, but it's much nicer to actually type on.

Now if only Microsoft would release a MS NEK which is the same design but with the Scrabble™-tile keys like the Apple keyboard, I'd be in heaven.

Many people still claim the long-travel + loud-click keyboards are wonderful, but I wonder how much of that is due to having learned to program and type on those keyboards? I bet they still program in monospace fonts too, because that's how it was done in the old days.

Alex