[clug] Canberra electric vehicles group - first contact

David Cottrill cottrill.david at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 15:13:39 MST 2010

There are several electric cars in Canberra, two registered that I
know of.
I'm also looking at the motorbike option.
I'm a member of both groups and the similarities are wide ranging,
though unlike us the techies are in even numbers with those lobbying
goverment.
There is little interest in component development in that group
because there are so many components needed to create a vehicle, and a
shortage of experience in high power electronics. I can design and
build a 200W audio amplifier but nothing on the scale of a 20kW
switchmode controller.
  Ancillary devices may generate more interest.
This is truly a mountain to climb for the
make/hack/void bunch.