[clug] DreamBook?

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Dec 2 17:39:06 MST 2010

On 03/12/10 11:32, David Lloyd wrote:

> The device didn't work as advertised; I'd contact the Office of Business and Consumer Affairs (or the relevant office in your state) and get them to have a stern talk to the seller(s).
>
> DSL

Don't know what the Pioneer site claimed when Sanders bought his L11,
but now it says:

Ubuntu Linux OS Pre-loaded.
Great freeware. Conditions apply on service and support. Some drivers
may be coming soon
More info...

(the last is a link to www.ubuntu.com)

So, I guess they could say that there _will_ be support for the touch
screen in the future. Still, pretty shabby effort, I'd say. I'm now
very wary of dealing with Pioneer...

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.