[clug] DreamBook?

Sanders King sanders at mupanda.com
Thu Dec 2 17:18:57 MST 2010

I just bought the L11 tablet from Pioneer.  They advertised it pre-installed
with Ubuntu.  I asked them about it and they said that everything worked
except multi-touch.  Upon arrival I find that the touch screen doesn't work
at all with Ubuntu and now they tell me that touch is not supported by them
at all.  (No touch on a tablet!!  They no longer advertise the L11 with
Ubuntu pre-installed.)  They refuse to take it back and I will have to take
legal action to get any satisfaction.  They want me to install Windows.
Blrrgghh!

So two things:
  - I don't trust Pioneer when it comes to after-sales support.  They've
lost me as a customer for ever.
  - Has anybody actually got the touch screen working on the Pioneer L11
with Linux?  Is there any chance at all?

Cheers

Sanders