[clug] Digital Camera selection help

Michael Carden crash at michaelcarden.net
Tue Aug 31 09:04:33 MDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Kim Holburn <kim.holburn at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Even a cheap canon can do amazing things.

Perhaps it can, but they're awful.

Canon 'Point And Shoot' cameras were amazing when we all had film
cameras. We could put up with their crap performance because we were
keen on this new digi-thing.

I worked for Panasonic in the 1980s and 90s and I saw the introduction
of digital cameras. We watched everyone else getting it wrong.

It still amazes me that people (aka Canon users) accept that pressing
the "Take a Picture Now" button on a Canon PAS camera is just a hint
to the camera that you might like a photo sometime soon.

Don't get me wrong - I don't dislike Canon - I have two Canon DSLRs,
but they have no idea of how to make a Point and Shoot.

--
MC