[clug] Digital Camera selection help

Edward C. Lang edlang at edlang.org
Tue Aug 31 05:55:40 MDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 09:34:21PM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>  I'm searching for a digital camera that:-
>
>     * is fully supported under GNU-Linux
>     * suitable for arthritic fingers
>     * costs less than a new laptop

Maybe try a Nikon dSLR of some sort, coupled with some old F-mount
lenses -- that way, at least, the aperture and the focus can be set
without using fiddley knobs and buttons. You might be able to achieve
something similar with Pentax and its K-mount lenses...

Does it need to be digital? You could probably get an interchangeable
lens film camera and a scanner for a similar price, and then you could
use things like screw-in soft release buttons to make the camera easier
to handle. I don't think any of the current dSLRs support those.

If you want small and digital, I daresay any of the middle-level
prosumer fixed lens cameras in auto / programme mode would be suitable.

Regards,

Edward.

--

http://edlang.org/