[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Aug 16 21:46:53 MDT 2010

On 17/08/2010, at 13:47 , Stephen Walsh wrote:

> you forgot; "and then I have to configure my phone, which is my sole means of communicating with people (due to not needing or wanting a phoneline at home), and my sole internet device (due to being out of the house all the time) to handle email, rather than using this inbuilt application that does twitter and facebook already."

That's what I was going to say in response to Bob's comment about Identi.ca.

YOT are too busy being distracted by their SMS/twitter/Facebook interaction to bother with things on the desktop computer beyond checking movie times or reading Wikipedia as their one and only reference for assignments.

To be honest, I don't think it matters what government we elect today, since these folks will just vote for whatever shows up on their twitter feeds as they're filling in their ballot in the election booth!

Alex