[clug] How do I set up DLNA with MythTV?

Kevin Pulo kev at pulo.com.au
Wed Aug 11 23:47:03 MDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 02:58:47PM +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:

> Hi Eyal,
>
>  > Does anyone use mythtv and watch their recordings (note: no music or
>  > other video) os a DLNA enabled client? If so, what should I do to get
>  > this working?
>
> yes, I use my PS3 to watch videos from 3 DLNA servers (mythtv,
> ps3mediaserver and mediatomb). All 3 worked without any special
> configuration that I can remember.
>
>  > I can see UDP traffic from the TV (never back) but it does not show
>  > a DLNA server. It does see my win7 machine server (when it is on).
>  > My PS3 does not find the mythtv server either.
>
> What IP is that UDP traffic on? Is it perhaps multicast traffic? If
> so, is your router and Linux box setup to receive multicast traffic?

Yeah, I seem to recall when I was briefly mucking around with this
that I had to enable multicast on the Linux box with something like

    ifconfig eth0 allmulti multicast

and maybe also a route for the multicast subnet

    route add -net 239.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 eth0

to get the tv to see the server...

Kev

--
Kevin Pulo