[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

jeff jeffm at ghostgun.com
Wed Aug 11 00:53:59 MDT 2010

  On 11/08/10 4:44 PM, Jim Croft wrote:
> Sorry I was a bit ambiguous - the costs below were just for the
> connection.  Netspeed as ISP have their hand in the other pocket for
> the download volume. :(
>
> presumably with the higher bandwidth available, people will be
> downloading orers of magnitude more and ISP volume charges will take a
> hit?  Or is this cloud cuckoo stuff?

Though I forgot to explicitly state it you got what I was driving at.
Wholesale pricing is by bandwidth we just need to get it at the retail
level. Being able to change quickly between providers by say logging out
and then in again to another provider and avoiding contracts would help.
We could even go as far being connected to multiple providers as
selecting which way traffic was sent based on, say, the best price per
half hour. Don't know what this would do to the routing besides make it
painful for BGP. :-)

Jeff.