[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 19:06:33 MDT 2010

On 11 August 2010 11:02, Anthony David <adavid at adavid.com.au> wrote:

> On 11/08/10 10:42, Lana Brindley wrote:
>
>> On 11 August 2010 10:28, Bob Edwards<bob at cs.anu.edu.au>  wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>

>>> The
>>> minister must have more compelling reasons to invest $43B for the
>>> NBN than enabling SmartGrids.
>>>

>> He does. He just doesn't know what they are. Don't forget who you're
>> talking
>> about here. Senator Conroy isn't the brightest crayon in the political
>> box.

> Sadly, the Govt rarely enunciated a clear vision from the start.
>
> This, from the press release when the implementation study was released, is
> the closest they got to selling a "benefit".

> The Minister for Finance and Deregulation, Lindsay Tanner said: "Delivering
> the NBN will help kick start a revival in Australia’s productivity growth,
> which has deteriorated in recent years."

Oooh, I love great examples of management speak. Politicians are wonderful
for it. Might borrow this for my next lecture :)

Cheers! Lana

Devotees of grammatical studies have not been distinguished for any very
remarkable felicities of expression.
  - Amos Bronson Alcott

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more