[clug] Vaguely off topic: iPeds and other Android tablets - availability and comparisons to that Apple one

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Aug 5 00:37:25 MDT 2010

On 05/08/2010, at 16:24 , Robert Edwards wrote:

> I may be being picky, but how did you become a developer?
>
> A FOSS developer doesn't need anyone elses say-so.

You can get the XCode IDE for free (it's not FOSS free, but is an interface to FOSS tools such as gcc), and develop code with it - you are now a developer.

Actually shipping apps to an iPhone (via iTunes or ad-hoc distribution) requires being an iPhone Developer Program partner (that's where the $99/year comes in).

If you want to write FOSS stuff, stick to HTML5 apps.

Alex