[clug] OT: Solar power recommendations and advice

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Wed Apr 21 19:34:12 MDT 2010

My 1.5kW system from BBE has generated 545kWh since 22/1/2010 (90 days),
giving me 6kWh/day, or $3/day, or 4 effective hours of peak production per
day.

It will be interesting to see how this behaves as the temperature cools, as
I have monocrystalline panels which derate significantly with higher
temperatures.

> 2. How good were the quality controls of the manufacturing processes?
> What, if anything, went wrong and when?

I had no problems with either product or installation, although Peter Barker
is having a lot of problems actually getting stock for his system from BBE.

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
Networking Consultant      fax: 0413 181 661
skype: alastair_dsilva     msn: alastair at d-silva.org
blog: http://alastair.d-silva.org