[clug] cheap pvr

Hank J. Doll hankjay at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 11 02:04:00 MDT 2010

Hi

Just read the review from PCworld.  This was both dis- and encouraging,
their biggest gripe was with timeshifting.  It wouldn't work unless
activated beforehand and then stops you from changing channels.  This is
ofcourse with the use of AverMedia's software, which I assume is for MS.

Gary says he uses it with Mint 8.  My question; does it require any
special drivers or does it work straight out of the box.  Furthermore
does  time-shifting work better.

One more if I haven't bored you by now, who sells it?

thanks Hank J.