[clug] Non-Job - CLUG monthly meeting organiser person required

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Wed Sep 30 05:04:15 MDT 2009

On 30/09/09 08:34, Robert Brockway wrote:
> Hi all. This seems like quite a lot for one volunteer position.
>
> In the LUGs I've been involved with these tasks are seperated:
>
> Talks Coordinator: Organises talks and makes sure equipment will be at
> the meeting. The talks coordinator is explicitely not required to attend
> meetings. Even if present they don't have any responsibilities at the
> meeting.
>
> MC: Makes announcements, greets & introduces the speaker and deals with
> any last minute issues.
>
> We have never had a position to deal with food but this would seem to a
> suitable 3rd position.

Those are good ideas and I'd be willing to have people volunteer for any or
all of those three.  I do think that the talks coordinator should also be the
MC - the person that's started the process with the speakers should be there
to finish it - but that's just my own way of doing things.

I hope this spurs someone on to help out, because right now there's still no
volunteers.

Have fun,

Paul